Glass block windows for bathrooms - Discovering the right type of bathroom window in remodeling or new construction can be tough. In this article are two problems many homeowners have using their bathroom windows:
1) A remodeling bathroom window obstacle - Your existing windows is sitting right in the middle of a bathtub or bathtub area and the window frame is rotted or rusted out. You want privacy, you want the windowpane to appear good, and you don't want the regular maintenance of the need to re-caulk the window or remodel the wood framing around the window.
2) A new building bathroom window challenge - You're building a new home with a soak tub or Jacuzzi in the nook of the master bathroom that has windows above the tub at eye level which are plainly noticeable from your neighbor’s property. A person wants a high personal privacy and good looking modern style window, but may really want to invest in expensive blinds.
How can you solve these two problems with style while maintaining your budget? One answer – bathroom glass block or acrylic block windows. This post will explore the great things about these kinds of windows for your home.
Glass Block Window Benefits for your new home or remodeled bathroom
Here are the 8 benefits you'll realize by changing your existing bathroom windows or installing blocks in your new home bathroom window:
1. Improved privacy - With homes being built closer with each other as land costs continue to escalate finding a cost effective window that provides privacy in your hall bath or master bathroom window can be difficult. Along with block you can pick a top privacy pattern like Icescapes or Delphi from Pittsburgh Corning or Glaciers or Pristal from Mulia to let light in, yet maintain the privacy you need.
2. Decrease your heating and cooling costs - The majority of existing bathroom windows have old aluminum frames or deteriorated wood frames with a single pane window glass inside. These are inefficient windows which frequently fog up, required a lot of effort to maintain, and cause you’re heating and AC costs to be higher. Block glass windows are 10 times more energy efficient than single pane glass and provide a mixture of obscurity and style many vinyl replacement windows do not.
3. Increased Security/Ease of Gaining Entry into the Home - Existing windows are flimsy, usually placed in with caulk and are a simple target for break ins. New glass brick windows are mortared set for most remodeling projects, thus, making them difficult and time consuming to try to break through. New building glass block windows come with a vinyl frame and nailing fin providing excellent security.
4. Cut Maintenance takes time, money and energy - Single pane metal and wood windows need to be repainted and caulked to keep the elements out also to prevent rust and deterioration. With block bathroom windows there is no maintenance needed since the windows are either mortared in or nailed into the framed walls in the property.
5. Easy to clean - These windows can be cleaned with water and soap or window cleaning solution.
6. Windows will become easy to operate - Existing bathroom windows are sometimes rusted shut, or cannot easily be exposed making a bathroom retain excessive numbers of moisture, allowing mildew spores to grow. Fresh block windows can be mixed with fresh air ports or power exhaust followers to make your bathroom healthier for your family and friends.
7. Easy to open- Acrylic block home windows can open completely (there is a casement windowpane available in multiple body and glass styles for bathrooms) and glass windows can be combined with vinyl hopper style air vents which open very simply as well.
8. Old Home windows don't fit your new design style – Glass block bathroom replacement windows now can be purchased in colors, different tints, satin finishes, decorative patterns, beveled ends, and many custom architectural designs to match a contemporary, traditional, or transitional design style.
Your master bathroom or hall bathroom window no lengthier needs to be an eye sore. With a new glass block bathroom window you can get a fairly easy to clean, easy to maintain, cost-effective/ energy saving windowpane, and add to the style and value of your home at the same time.
Related Post :