Stained glass appliques for windows - I really like stained glass! You will discover a wide variety of items - from traditional windows and doors to quilts. Usually when sewing it is employed a narrow bias strip to split up different pieces. That is 100% sewn yourself and for somebody who doesn't like palm stitching it is so monotonous. If you want to applique by machine this stained glass method is simply perfect for you. The completed stop is 6 inc.
8 inc. square black fabrics, fabrics for application, 8 inches square non-woven fusible interfacing, double side fusible web, and suitable threads
|Stained glass appliques for windows|
2. Copy the MIRROR image of diagram to the dual sided fusible web. You don't have to print out a reflection image, change the branded diagram before stay on simply. I stick on the window to utilize the daylight. Be sure you transferred all the numbers correctly.
3. Cut each piece round. Focus on cut between every two pieces. This ensures just a little allowance to make fusing onto the cloth easier. You are going to later cut this down
4. Fuse all bits onto the comparative back again of the decided on textile with a hot, dry iron.
5. Trim each part across the comparative lines.
6. Copy the quantity from back again to leading of the cloth with disappearing pen.
Tip: place each part on the equivalent place onto the paper diagram - for occasion #1 1 on the quantity 1. This can help you later when have to peel off the order and newspaper on the dark-colored textile.
7. Fuse the non-woven fusible interfacing onto the trunk of the dark cloth with a hot, dry iron.
8. Place the dark textile on the ironing mother board and started out order the picture. Take away the backing newspaper from each part and position it onto the dark fabric's top on the correct place starting from the nook. Place next part keeps in head to leave dark-colored brand between them. If needed reposition the parts till you are content with the look.
Tip: If needed use dried up glue stay for easy order.
9. Fuse with hot flat iron carefully.
10. Using zig-zag stitch sews across the edges of most pieces with appropriate threads.
Tip: You could utilize one and the same thread in the bobbin - simply loose the strain of the top thread.
To prevent almost all threads I end the stitching near the beginning, draw the threads on the comparative back again part and make a knot to secure them.
11. Proceed the same manner with all items.
Tip: Utilize the feet for application.
When finished this block can be employed by you as you like - for coaster, for wall membrane or pillow suspending if enlarge.